The Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the largest national trade association in the United States serving America’s credit unions. The not-for-profit trade group is governed by volunteer directors who are elected by their credit union peers from across the nation. With its network of affiliated state credit union associations, CUNA serves America’s nearly 7,000 credit unions, which are owned by more than 100 million consumer members.
CUNA partners with the state associations and credit unions to:
- Represent the interests of credit unions before the U.S. government, including Congress and federal regulatory agencies
- Organize and focus the political efforts of credit unions
- Act as the voice of the credit union movement before the public (through the press and other media)
- Provide education and training resources for the development of credit union staff and volunteers
- Provide various forums for credit unions to meet and share ideas and views
Provide access to cooperative products and services for credit unions